Skip to content
Wine Details
Richard Painter, Winemaker walks down a row of vines with his constant companion dog - Sam

Albariño 2018

  • 75cl bottle

Gorgeous little citrus flowers link arms with melon and peach to dance in the sunshine, always maintaining an air of class. Meanwhile, lime lingers in the shadows vying for attention.


This aromatic white wine grape, hailing from Spain and Northern Portugal, also performs exceedingly well in Gisborne. A nice warm summer punctuated with refreshing rainfall resulted in perfect ripeness in the 2018 Albariño grapes.


The 2017 to 2018 season was one of the warmest on record and a frost-free spring lead to good yields and a healthy start for the vines. Rainfall near harvest meant harvest began early but good flavour ripeness and balanced acidity was achieved.


The fruit was picked and gently pressed to stainless steel tanks. 80% of the clear juice was racked and fermented with yeast selected to highlight the lovely aromatics and texture of this exciting variety. The remaining 20% of the juice was run to seasoned French Oak Puncheons for a natural fermentation which adds complexity and richness to the wine.

Enjoy with:

  • Grilled and Roasted White Meats
  • Fish/Shellfish
  • Salads and Picnics
  • Mild Creamy Cheeses
  • Oriental
Imbibe on its own or devour along with a Thai chicken salad.