Hatch Mansfield are UK specialist agents in premium wines made by independent, family-owned wine producers. Established in 1994 with Louis Jadot, Errazuriz and Villa Maria and headed up by Patrick McGrath MW, Hatch Mansfield remains fiercely independent. Today we represent 16 internationally acclaimed wine companies with a 48-strong team including 3 Masters of Wine (MW).
To be regarded as the leading independent
premium drinks business in the UK, recognised for the excellence of our portfolio and for the services that we provide to our customers.
- 1994: Hatch Mansfield set up with Louis Jadot, Errazuriz and Villa Maria.
- 1997: We begin to look after Esk Valley Estate.
- 1998: Champagne Taittinger joins in time for the millennium, Seña and Caliterra also join us later the same year.
- 1999: We bring Domaine Carneros into the fold.
- 2000: Move from Windsor ‘Old Bank House’ to Ascot ‘New Bank House’ with a team of 23.
- 2003: Vidal added to our portfolio.
- 2008: We take on our first Riojas from C.V.N.E.
- 2011: Hatch Mansfield achieve an industry first by achieving ISO 14001 accreditation, underscoring our commitment to the environment.
- 2012: Kleine Zalze come on board.
- 2013: We start to work with the Woodland Trust to mitigate our impact on the environment through carbon reduction & lock-up.
- 2014: Joseph Mellot strengthens our French portfolio.
- 2015: A busy year. Left Field added to our Kiwi portfolio. We were proud to win the IWC 2015 ‘Large Agent of the Year’ award. In collaboration with Taittinger, we launch Domaine Evremond and make English Sparkling Wine history.
- 2016: We take on Robert Oatley. For the second year in a row we win ‘Large Agent of the Year’ in the IWC 2016 awards.
- 2019: Gaja, and Terroirs et Talents join, and we celebrate our 25th Anniversary year with a team of nearly 50. For a third time we win ‘Large Agent of the Year’ in the IWC 2019 awards.
BRC Global Standard
In 2019 Hatch Mansfield was certificated for the BRC Global Standard for Agents and Brokers making it amongst the first wine agencies in the UK to achieve this, particularly those providing duty paid and delivered services to receive this accreditation.
The BRC Global Standard for Agents and Brokers has been developed to provide a framework for managing product safety, quality and legality for non-manufacturing businesses in the food and packaging industries.
It is divided into five key sections which set standards that must be met by businesses awarded this accreditation. This means that Hatch Mansfield has been audited to the highest standard in product safety and everyone in the business is responsible for consistent product safety, with a proven plan in place covering all services and operations. Control systems are clearly documented and accomplished to achieve the Global Standard, which is recognised worldwide and is in place to instil customer confidence.
Independence, heritage and authenticity are key to all our producers. The history of the wineries, as well as the charismatic personalities behind the brands, provide interesting and unique stories.
Control from Vine to Bottle
Each producer has their own vineyard, winery and cellar base, giving quality control from vine to bottle. As all their wines have provenance, the importance of terroir and the natural environment is paramount.
Committed to being environmentally responsible, many of our suppliers have ISO accreditation to manage their environmental impacts through the production chain.
With a considered range of wines from everyday drinking to fine
wine for cellaring, their ‘trade-up’ possibilities, give confidence to
experiment and provide flexibility and service efficiency.
Award Winning Wines
Typically our winemakers scoop over 300 medals a year including many Trophies and Golds in the IWC, Decanter World Wine Awards, IWSC and Sommelier Wine Awards, as well as numerous awards in their countries of origin, along with top scores from
internationally recognised critics.
Our wines are internationally renowned, with excellent distribution,
providing consumers with reassurance in their choice.