The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) has announced the nominations for the Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards and British Academy Television Craft Awards. Rewarding the very best in television craft and television programmes broadcast in the UK in 2019, the Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards ceremony will be on Friday 31st July on BBC One hosted by Richard Ayoade and the British Academy Television Craft Awards will be hosted by Stephen Mangan online on Friday 17th July.
Taittinger and Villa Maria are long standing official BAFTA partners and in 2020, celebrating 18- and 12 year partnerships with the Academy respectively. These family-owned wine companies invite BBC viewers to join in with this summer’s BAFTA celebrations from the comfort of their own homes, by pouring a flute of Champagne and celebrating the best of British talent in style with Taittinger or pairing Villa Maria wines from New Zealand with a gourmet TV dinner.
The highlights from this year’s Television and Television Craft nominations are:
- Fourteen nominations for Chernobyl
- Seven nominations for The Crown
- Six nominations for Fleabag and Giri/Haji
- Five nominations for His Dark Materials and The Virtues
- Four nominations for Killing Eve, Sex Education and Top Boy
The nominations for the public-voted Virgin Media Must-See Moment are:
- Coronation Street: The Death of Sinead Osbourne
- Fleabag: Confessional scene
- Game of Thrones: Arya kills the Night King
- Gavin and Stacey: Nessa proposes to Smithy
- Line of Duty: John Corbett’s Death
- Love Island: Michael recouples after Casa Amor
Members of the public can now vote for their favourite Must-See Moment online at virginmedia.com/bafta.