Skip to content
Wine Details

2016 6x75cl

Colchagua Valley
  • 75cl bottle

Deep violet-red colour with ruby rims, the 2016 Cenit has a more austere and myserious expression than its former versions. It is elegant and complex on the nose, showing forest fruits such as blueberries and redcurrants, mineral touches, nuts such as almonds, and spices like grey pepper, along with gentle notes of violets that make a great closure to this wine. It feels elegant and deep on the palate, with notes of sour cherries and wild raspberries that show up to complement this complex wine from Colchagua. Its vibrant acidity and great structure allow predicting a nice ageing and a long-lasting life.


The grapes used for this wine were sourced from selected lots from the Caliterra Estate in the Colchagua Valley. The Caliterra estate is located 200 km (125 miles) south of Santiago and 60 km (37 miles) from the coast at 150 metres (500 feet) above sea level. The vineyard is vertically trained, spur pruned, and drip irrigated. The Coastal Mountains are lower in Colchagua than anywhere else in the country allowing cool ocean breezes to enter the valley every afternoon, resulting in hot days and cool nights during the ripening season. The high diurnal temperature difference, triggers accumulation of polyphenolics and antocyanins delivering wines with intense colour and structure.


85% of the wine is fermented in 3rd use barrels while the other 15% is fermented in stainless steel tanks. 100% of the wine is then aged for 33 months in french oak barrels, of which 64% are new.

Enjoy with:

  • Grilled and Roasted Red Meats
  • Pizza/Pasta
  • Casseroles/Stews
  • Mild Creamy Cheeses
  • Mature Strong Cheeses
Roast beef and all the trimmings!