Skip to content
Wine Details

Hermitage Chante-Alouette 2018 6x75cl

AOP Hermitage
  • 75cl bottle

This wine is complex but subtle, with aromas of quince, walnut, honey, ginger, acacia with a hint of linden-tree. On the palate it is very elegant with a good length.


The grapes from which this wine is produced comes from three different vineyards: 'Le Méal', characterized by a soil of very old fluvial-glacial alluvial deposits with a high pebble content. 'Les Murets', whose soil is clay-gravel, where the red clay give the wines a full, rich character. 'Chante-Alouette', a high-lying terroir whose soil is a mixture of loess and very finely decomposed granite, it gives the wine freshness, salinity and acidity. The different plots are mainly located in the Ermite lieu-dit area, on high plateaus and plains with excellent exposure.


Who would have predicted that this 2018 vintage would cause such joy and rank among the remarkable Rhône Valley vintages that have come one after another since 2015? A vintage that we had to react fast in order to cope with the soaring temperatures, but one that delivered great age-worthy wines with good acidity level and silky tannins. The works in the cellar also needed to be adjusted to avoid over-extraction and to keep the balance. Indeed, 2018 will surprise by its individuality after an incredible wine growing year.


Grapes are hand-harvested at maturity. The musts are obtained after a long pressing and are lightly settled before fermentation. Part of the fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks and part in demi-muids. The lees are stirred up (bâtonnage) for the first 2-3 months adding texture to the wine. 40-30% takes place in stainless steel vats. The remaining 60-70% is aged in demimuids (600 litres) barrels, 10% of which are made of new wood and 90% of wood previously used for one to three wines.

Enjoy with:

  • Grilled and Roasted White Meats
  • Fish/Shellfish
  • Salads and Picnics
  • Mild Creamy Cheeses
  • Mature Strong Cheeses
  • Oriental
  • Spicy
Perfect with fish, poultry in sauces, or cheeses such as goats cheese or blue cheese.