Skip to content
Wine Details

Hermitage Monier de la Sizeranne 2017 6x75cl

AOP Hermitage
  • 75cl bottle

Red fruits with a hint of liquorice are evident on the nose. The palate is round and elegant with flavours of blackcurrant, raspberry and spicy aromas when it is young.


Our Hermitage “Monier de la Sizeranne” comes from a blending of different soils from West to East: • “les Bessards”: from a granitic origin, it constitutes the “soul” of a good Hermitage. • “le Méal”: old alluvial terraces, with a lot of gravels and shingles more or less calcareous. • “les Greffieux”: silty soil with shingles.


This year, it was the climate and its extremes that gave us an incredible and very surprising vintage. This was a year in which the elegance and balance of the wines and the softness of the tannins contrasted with a growing season of extreme weather phenomena and an exceptionally small harvest in the south.


Entirely destemmed, the grapes ferment in concrete tanks. From one to two daily treadings ensure a good extraction. Temperature varies between 30 and 33°C. 18 months ageing, 85% of which takes place in oak barrels, giving the wine its notes of oak. The remaining 15% is aged in concrete tanks to preserve minerality and freshness.

Enjoy with:

  • Grilled and Roasted Red Meats
  • Pizza/Pasta
  • Casseroles/Stews
Great with venison fillet in a red wine sauce