Skip to content
Wine Details
Errazuriz 1870 cellars exterior

‘Aconcagua Costa’ Sauvignon Blanc 2021 6x75cl

Aconcagua Costa
  • 75cl bottle

Of a yellow-straw colour with beautiful greenish hues, this Sauvignon Blanc displays on the nose a citric profile that reminds of mango, mandarin and grapefruit skin, all framed by the herbal profile that characterizes the variety. The palate offers a refreshing entrance, while citrus and herbal notes unfold with great harmony across a fresh and excellent balance. A wine with great persistence, delivering a mineral sensation that is prolonged in an elegant finish.


The grapes for the Single Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc came from our Manzanar Vineyard, located just 12 km from the Pacific Ocean. This property has hillsides that range from 100 to 300 metres above sea level and present an average heat summation of 1,191 Degree Days during the growing season with an average January temperature of 18.4¼C. These extraordinary characteristics are ideal for cool-climate varieties such as Sauvignon Blanc. The vineyards are drip irrigated and trellised to vertical shoot position on soils with a thin layer of loam over another layer of clay and metamorphic slate-type rock (schist).


The 2021 season began with a winter of average rains and a warm spring; however, this condition changed drastically during summer, presenting temperatures well below the historical average and numerous cloudy days. The biggest surprise came at the end of January, with abundant rainfall that set off alarms from the Central Valley to the South. On the other hand, in Aconcagua Inland, thanks to its location 85 km north of the Central Valley, rainfall was only 21 mm, which had no impact on the fruit’s health. The months of February and March were cold, and the ripening advanced slowly. During the last week of March, we had the last rays of sunlight necessary to reach the desired ripeness. The cold summer condition resulted in moderate alcohol and vibrant acidity, producing wines of excellent colour and aromatic intensity, fresh and balanced.


Grapes were handpicked during the early morning and carefully transported to the winery. 30% of the grapes was whole-cluster pressed to obtain greater elegance in the palate, while the remaining 70% is destemmed, crushed and pressed to best preserve their natural acidity. Then, the juice is fermented in stainless steel tanks

Enjoy with:

  • Grilled and Roasted White Meats
  • Fish/Shellfish
  • Pizza/Pasta
  • Salads and Picnics
  • Mild Creamy Cheeses
  • Oriental
  • Spicy
Warm goats cheese salad with croutons