In April 2008 Domaine Carneros received organic certification for all of its Estate vineyards by the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF). The certification gave the winery the distinction of becoming the first sparkling winery in the United States with all estate vineyards certified.
Marrying architectural tradition with modern innovation, the Domaine Carneros Pinot Noir facility features a wide range of state-of-the-art production capabilities and energy efficiencies.
- Certification for organic wine production.
- A 120 kilowatt solar photovoltaic system, this was the largest solar collection installation of any winery in the world when it was completed in early 2003. It enables the winery to generate 40% of its own energy needs
- Fifteen insulated skylights to provide an even, natural light that lessens the need for electric lights in the fermentation room.
- A variety of fans and vents to create a night cooling system that automatically exchanges cool air for warmer air and reduces dependence on the refrigeration system.
- A twenty-two-foot wall built into the hillside to take full advantage of the cool, fifty-five degree temperature of the earth.
- Recycling water used in wine production.
- Larger vineyard pests have been controlled by the introduction of raptor boxes in the vineyards, to encourage birds of prey to make Domaine Carneros their home.