Marrying architectural tradition with modern innovation, the Domaine Carneros Pinot Noir facility features a wide range of state-of-the-art production capabilities and energy efficiencies.
- As of 2019 we have offset 100% of the carbon footprint of all packages shipped through our fulfilment centres.
- A 120 kilowatt solar photovoltaic system, this was the largest solar collection installation of any winery in the world when it was completed in early 2003. It enables the winery to generate 40% of its own energy needs
- Fifteen insulated skylights to provide an even, natural light that lessens the need for electric lights in the fermentation room.
- A variety of fans and vents to create a night cooling system that automatically exchanges cool air for warmer air and reduces dependence on the refrigeration system.
- A twenty-two-foot wall built into the hillside to take full advantage of the cool, fifty-five degree temperature of the earth.
- Recycling water used in wine production.
- Larger vineyard pests have been controlled by the introduction of raptor boxes in the vineyards, to encourage birds of prey to make Domaine Carneros their home.
- Fish Friendly Farming certified as of 2015
- Partnered with ‘Recork’, a company that recycles our used corks and repurposes them into products that would otherwise be made from plastic or foam. Proceeds from these products are used to plant more cork trees and invest in sustainable cork harvesting.